Advertisement

hat with ears?

topic posted Tue, June 20, 2006 - 12:19 PM by  coyote
Share/Save/Bookmark
I have been able to find baby patterns for it, but what I am looking for is an adult pattern for the hats with ears. I don't know how to describe it very well so I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks,
C
posted by:
coyote
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: hat with ears?

Tue, June 20, 2006 - 12:24 PM
    I don't have a pattern, but I "fake" my way through stuff like that. You can make a regular hat, make triangles for ears, and crochet them onto the hat. For floppy ears, crochet them on with the base of the ear in a straight line, but for ears which stand up a bit, crochet them to the hat with the base of the ear bent on an angle, encouraging the ear to stand. The shorter the ear, the more lift you will get out of the bend.

Post if you find a pattern though!

Tue, June 20, 2006 - 11:02 PM
    I just saw some patterns in Stich and Bitch Nation this evening. I am pretty sure it is what you want.

Tue, June 20, 2006 - 11:41 PM
      is stich and bitch for crochet too? i've only seen the knitting one.

Wed, June 21, 2006 - 10:41 AM
        Yes, she just came out with the Happy Hooker. It is pretty good there are a lot of fun patterns in it. I can't remember if it has an adult hat with ears or not.

Sorry I brain farted last night when I left my other post. I wasn't thinking that it was a knit book. I like to look at all books to get inspiration. You could always try to change the pattern to crochet.

Recent topics in "crochet"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Holiday projects? Jessica 0 September 19, 2013
lacy crochet throw blanket Jessie 1 September 25, 2012
chenille thigh-high socks petra 1 January 22, 2011
Problems reading pattern 2 October 23, 2010